One of my favourite ways to cook these freebie pumpkins is Pumpkin Soup.
|Chopped Golden Nugget Pumpkin|
My recipe is simple:
- Saute onions in the fat/oil of your choice. I prefer either lard or chicken fat but if neither is available I use butter.
- Add chopped pumpkin and cook for about 5 mins.
- Add enough chicken stock to more than cover the vegies.
- Add a chopped potato or two.
- Add a tablespoon or two of tomato concentrate (homemade or commercial)
- Simmer until pumpkin and potato are completely cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to your own taste.
|Pumpkin Soup with fresh baked Wholemeal Bread|
Serve with freshly baked bread for simple yet luxurious meal.