Saturday, June 16, 2012

Small Achievements

It's been another busy week with cold dark starts and long days but... this week I have definitely made progress in realigning my activity with my goals.

My business was a little slower this week which, while a concern, freed up some time and energy for other things like, baking. I baked a loaf of bread for the first time in a very long time. Definitely out of practice but it tasted great and smelled... awesome!
Ready for the oven...

Ready to eat!
 
I also, put the carcase and remaining meat of the organic chicken we roasted to good use by making stock and creating a chicken and vegie soup. I portioned the soup to freeze; ready to take to work for cheap and nourishing lunches.
Chicken and Vegie Soup
Fridays are normally completely dedicated to the business but due to very low volumes this week, I had a day that looked very much like a day off! A rare beast in recent times. To make this miracle complete it was a gorgeous sunny winter day, so I spent a couple of hours in the garden, too.

Today, I will set some more small achievable goals for the coming week. Measurable achievements are not only satisfying, they are motivating, too.

If all goes well, I'll be adding a scrumptious home made apple pie to the list of achievements next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment