Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pantry Pics

This is my dining table. Once again it is in use as a storage space rather than a piece of furniture used to make dining more comfortable. On the table is part of my stockpile. 
Stockpile 1
I had to empty the cupboard this lot was stored in so it could be moved. Yes, more disruption due to the ever-unfinished kitchen. I figured if I need to move it then I might as well do a stocktake, too. 


Stockpile 2
Most of my canned goods and consumables are stored elsewhere but I'm hoping these pictures will show that anyone can start to build a reserve of food stuffs. 
Stockpile 3
Stockpiling is not an exact science or a one size fits all set of instructions. We're all different so we all have different needs. The trick is to start, then build on it regularly.


Whatever happens, you're prepared to ride out the worst of it if you know you have a well stocked pantry.

1 comment:

  1. Another great post on the importance of stockpiling.

    It truly is a wonderful feeling to be at home and know you have everything you need.

    I think people everywhere should get out of the mindset that 'I can just stop at the store'.

    ReplyDelete